Friday, May 20, 2011

Late night syrupy goodness and super painting.

Just finished staining and applying a 1st coat of paint over 2 coats of primer on my 2 new deep supers from Brushy Mountain. Need to apply 1-2 more coats of white paint to the white hives future super and both will be done. That stain goes on so much faster than painting and only needs 2 coats, just wish it dried as fast as the paint does. I also ordered 20 plastic pierco deep frames in black for the new supers. I couldn't find much negative info about them in my research so I wanted to give them a shot.

We've been getting a lot of rain for the last week and the girls were hard on the sugar water lately. I'm guessing the rain/lack of sun effects nectar flow. So... I made another 1 1/2 gallons of 1:1. They killed the last batch I made and there was only a little bit left in the bottom tray when I brought it in tonight. I'll add the honey-b-healthy to it later tonight when it's cool and get it back outside for them in the morning.

It's supposed to be nice and sunny tomorrow so I plan to do my 2nd real inspection. I'll make an effort finding the queen in both hives before closing them up. Should have plenty of photo/and or videos tomorrow as well as a report on how things look.

No comments:

Post a Comment